· Arrange the living or dining room so that you can set the mood right from the moment the people enter.
· A wardrobe or some storage space on the hat rack must be provided for storing coats, bags or umbrellas.
· It is necessary that the host accompanies his guests almost all night long and doesn’t check the roast every two minutes to check. It is therefore necessary to organize some things in advance.
· If some of your guests have children, prepare some entertainment for the kids. Rent a recent movie and let them watch a DVD to help them get true the evening while the adults enjoy food, drinks and conversation.
· Keep some vessels empty to accommodate any bouquets offered by the guests.
· Don’t forget to welcome all of your guests personally and to escort them to the living area. Create time for small conversation.
· The atmosphere is essential for a successful evening. You must choose the music according to the public you will be entertaining. But still give the chance to enable meaningful conversations.
· Waiting for latecomers, an appetizer should be served.
· After dinner, coffee, liqueurs and sweets can be served in the living room. This is an opportunity to continue the conversation in a more informal atmosphere.
· When the guests start to leave, you must escort them to the door and make sure they do not forget any of their business.